December 9, 2022

Looking for a Workmans’ Comp Lawyer? Here’s What You NEED To Know

On job injury workers compensation arizona

Are you interested in knowing more about the Workers’ Compensation program? Are you currently seeking the services of a Workers’ Compensation lawyer? If so, you may want to know some basics on this vital insurance program, which provides wage replacement and medical coverage to individuals injured on the job. In plain English, workers comp provides necessary protection after a worker like you gets hurt. Your injury might stop you from working, but it won’t stop bills or mortgage payments from going past due…

Does My State Offer Workers Comp?

Currently, every single state offers some kind of workers’ compensation law, which means many employers are required by law to offer some sort of protection. Of course, there are exceptions, like for employees with less than five workers. However, while every state has some form of this program, the individual laws will vary from state to state.

For instance, if you’re currently living in Arizona, then you would obviously want to contact a local workers compensation law firm to assist you with your claim. Likewise, a worker in Delaware might face entirely different rules about filing these claims, which is why they would look for workers compensation lawyers there to handle the case.

In the event that your work-related injury was due to employer negligence, then it is even more important that you seek the counsel of workers compensation lawyers. You will be able to locate these attorneys by searching for phrases like, “Workers Comp attorneys near me.”

What Workers’ Compensation Covers

The Workers’ Compensation program covers 100% of the medical costs incurred by job-related injuries and illnesses. After a three-to-seven-day waiting period, this program also pays cash benefits, or wage replacement, due to missing work.

The compensation costs are comprised of 70% wages and salaries, while workers’ compensation benefits make up the other 30%.

In 2010, the total number of benefits paid out under the Workers’ Compensation program totaled approximately $58.2 billion. This amount increased 3.4% in 2011, when the total benefits paid out were $60.2 billion.

Non-Fatal Incidences Reported to Workers’ Compensation

In 2012, employers within private industry reported 3.4 incidences of non-fatal illnesses and injuries per 100 full-time employees. The number of incidences in 2013 was slightly lower, with a a 3.3 incidence rate per 100 full-time employees. The total number of these non-fatal injuries and illnesses was reported as three million for 2013.

Most Common Types of Injuries Reported to Workers Compensation Lawyers

Certain injuries — like falls, slip and fall accidents, and crushing accidents — are especially common. Plus, each type of profession has its own common risk factors. For instance, hospital and clinic nursing assistants and orderlies tend to suffer from back and other musculoskeletal injuries. Interesting to note is that individuals within this occupation incur three-times more of this type of injury compared to construction laborers, while construction workers are more likely to suffer blunt force trauma.

In 2013, there were several types of common job-related injuries reported to Workers’ Compensation:

    1. Sprains, strains, muscle tears: 327,060
    2. Slip, trip, and fall injuries: 229,190
    3. Back injuries: 170,450

Number of Missed Days Reported to Workers’ Compensation

In 2013, individuals were absent from work an average of eight days due to occupational injuries and illnesses. The total number of occupational illnesses and injuries during that year were 917,100. While most workers are eligible for this program in theory, in reality it can be very difficult to receive compensation after an injury.

In fact, it can often be a total nightmare.

Remember how important it is to find workers compensation lawyers near you to assist with filing your claim, responding directly to your questions, and otherwise assisting you with obtaining coverage after being injured on the job. Workmans Comp lawyers can also assist you with claims arising from work-related illnesses.

If you’ve already been injured on the job, then don’t hesitate to reach out to a law firm that specializes in handling these types of cases. In a perfect world, your boss would help you obtain the compensation you deserve, but we don’t live in a perfect world.

Stay safe out there…

Leave a Reply